Welcome to the NYS Chapter of the ASMBS
- ASMBS Position Statement on Emergency Care of Patients with Complications Related to Bariatric Surgery
- Updated Position Statement on Sleeve Gastrectomy as a Bariatric Procedure
- NEJM – Significant Study on the Safety of Bariatric Surgery
- Position Statement on Emerging Endosurgical Interventions for the Treatment of Obesity
- Position Statement on Prevention and Detection of Gastrointestinal Leak after Gastric Bypass Including the Role of Imaging and Surgical Exploration
- Position Statement on Prophylactic Measures to Reduce the Risk of Venous Thromboembolism in Bariatric Surgery Patients
- Consensus Statement
The purpose of the New York State Chapter of ASMBS is to encourage members to pursue investigations both in the clinic and in the laboratory. As a group, we strive for the interchange of ideas, share information and experience pertaining to bariatric surgery, and promote improved peri-operative and long-term care of patients.
Chapter efforts focus on the reduction of patient risk, the advancement of education and educational programs for physicians, integrated health members, lay people and paramedical professionals.